It’s been a long time coming, and god knows I’ve had many second thoughts about bothering at all over the last couple of years, but finally I’ve made a start on the fiddle yards required to complete Culreoch and hopefully get it back out to the occasional exhibition. I’m still working to the plan posted back in November.
Really, I thank Ian Pepper for the kick up the backside – getting me a load of ply strip for pretty much buckshee. Then my conscience compelled me to actually get on and use it!
So, after a bit of thought I have built up the ply sandwich type beams by way of making a start. I’m desperate not to balls it up this time – so won’t be rushing. At this early stage though, I’m impressed by this form of construction – nicely resistant to bending and torsion (twisting).
I need now to trim these and drill out to accomodate legs, before I can think of starting assembly. I have produced the beams for all but one board – my hope is the final board will be made to size and take up any constructional tolerances on the remainder, despite my hope for close-to millimetre accuracy on the cutting bench 😉